Casa Caramany

Location - Village centre.
Private property - Entry is not permitted.

Description:
The great house of the Caramany family is on the north side of the church, in the north-eastern part of the former fortified enclosure. It is thought to have been built on the site of the former medieval Castle of Sant Pere. The present building includes elements dating from the 16th to the 19th centuries. In the southern wall there are two windows from the 16th century,

one of them formed by a simple ogee arch. At the front of the eastern façade is the main entrance bearing a large coat of arms in relief of the Caramany family and the date 1883. The building’s most striking feature is the 18th-19th century rectangular brick tower on its north-eastern side.
caramany 6.JPG caramany 9 .JPG caramany 12.JPG
 
Poma